Monday, March 03, 2014

Menu Plan Monday 3/2/14



Happy Monday!  Happy March! Happy first week of Lent (Orthodox and Eastern Catholics typically begin Lent today and Roman Catholics begin on Ash Wednesday).  Starting today you'll notice that my menu plans will include a lot less meat.  We will be meat free Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during Lent.  If it works out well, maybe we keep it going after Lent also.  We'll have to wait and see what the boys say.










Menu Plan:

Friday:  Take out pizza for Older Boys sleep over

Saturday:  left overs for the boys/mom and dad out for the evening

Sunday:  Roast Chicken and green beans

Monday:  Red Beans and Rice (except subbing vegetable broth for chicken broth)

Tuesday:  GF pancakes and bacon for Shrove Tuesday

Wednesday:  Homemade bread and Provencal Tomato and Rice Soup

Thursday:  Clean Up Day or Grilled Turkey and Cheese Sammys

Have a Blessed Week!!

For more menu plan Monday, visit Laura @ Orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

stevenandkari1018 said...

Wow! I love the idea of going meat free Monday, Wednesday and Friday during Lent. Best of luck to you. I posted my menu for the first week of Lent also. Stop by and check it out! Have a blessed week!
www.stevenandkari1018.wordpress.com

Brandi said...

I love how Lent changes up my plans. I often don't realize how much of a rut I've gotten into until Lent begins!