So yesterday I threw that picture up there because it pretty much says it all. We're having a baby. But here are some answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. Yes, we planned this. (The most frequently asked question. I can't imagine asking someone this.)
We've been trying since last spring, but stopped trying when we decided to take the boys to Disney as their Christmas gift. We put things on hold but God had other plans.
2. Yes, I'm of advanced maternal age.
I'm 42. Yes, it's old (by pregnancy standards). We realized that there was a chance we would not get pregnant or that complications could arise, but we went for it anyway.
3. I feel good.
No morning sickness just complete and utter exhaustion.
4. My due date is Aug. 18th, right before back to school.
Apparently we like to cram everything in at one time.
5. That makes me 17 weeks pregnant.
6. No, even though I'm in the second trimester, my energy has NOT returned.
And I don't expect it too for several years... if ever.
7. Yes, I was 7-8 weeks pregnant when we took the boys to Disney.
I can't imagine that being in early pregnancy and in Disney would be a thrill for a woman at any age, but at 42 it was exhausting and draining. But we still had a great time (pregnant in Disney is a whole other post by itself).
8. Yes, the boys are excited.
9. Yes, we know what we're having (as of 2 days ago).
We have one bedroom left and it's purple so we figured we better find out if we need to paint it or not. We'll be painting.
10. Things are going well but that doesn't mean that I don't worry.
I've had lots of noninvasive testing. Most look good, some were not what they should be, but right now things look good. I'll worry until the moment I have the baby. I think for some things, I'm a glass half empty kind of person. I'm also type A and tend to be riddled with anxiety. That's who I am :)