Friday, December 19, 2008

Fa la la la

Only 5 more shopping days. Are you getting scared? Are you done? I'm almost done shopping. I still have one thing left to buy and it's a gift card so I'm not too stressed about it. I got a lot of wrapping done last night and plan to continue tonight. My house is a DISASTER! Dust is everywhere and don't even look at my bathrooms. Thank goodness the cleaning girl is coming on Christmas Eve day (I know, I'm spoiled. She only comes once a month, but it saves my behind BIG TIME!). I've got baking to do. But not a lot because we really don't need all of those sweets. The boys have put in requests for chocolate chip cookies (I've already made one batch, but they've eaten them all); Gingerbread cut outs; and Nilla wafers (a/k/a krabby patties). I also have to get my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus together. They are usually the same every year and I'm so totally organized that I found last years Christmas Eve menu shoved behind the computer when I was cleaning the other day (um yes, I'm being sarcastic. I'm NOT organized at.all.). But here's what I've been doing this week:

IMG_7259

KinniToos chocolate sandwich cookies dipped in melted Enjoy Life chocolate chips and topped with safe holiday sprinkles

IMG_7267

Older Boys all school Christmas concert on Tuesday night. It was long. VERY VERY LONG....

IMG_7275

The Little Man's Christmas concert yesterday morning. See all the Little Drummer Boys (and girls)? They were too cute. And it was short. VERY VERY SHORT :)

IMG_7287

Our Little Drummer Boy.

IMG_7294

I drove for Older Boys school field trip to go caroling at a near by elder care facility yesterday afternoon.

IMG_7312

Our little caroler

IMG_7316

The 1st grade singers

IMG_7322

Woke up to an ice storm this morning. The public school is off today so that meant no buses.

IMG_7324

So that meant I had to drive Older Boy to school this morning. No they didn't cancel because the weather was supposed to clear up this afternoon (and it did). But driving through 4 inches of ice was not fun. To say the least.

Then the Little Man had his last gym class of the fall session. No pictures here, because honestly, how many picture can I have of my child not being able to perform gymnastics. At first it was cute. Now, not so much. Maybe I'll take more photos after the winter session. Sat and watched his non-gymnastics for an hour and a half.

We lost power due to ice storm.

IMG_7326

Then back to Older Boys school to help with the class Christmas party. I must have missed the memo about dress down day. My child and two others wore their uniforms. Oops. Oh well....

IMG_7343

We loaded these kids up with sugar and sent them home for the holidays.

Now it's 5:09 PM and I have to come up with something to make for dinner.... Any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas.

4 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

My daughter just had a Boca Burger AKA Daddy's Patties for dinner. I don't know if they are Little Man safe, but she seemed impressed with it. I was a bum on dinner. Why? BECAUSE K- TURNS 5 TOMORROW! Yes, I'm on the way out to the store, but wanted to say hey from my dust bowl of a house over here.

Barbara H. said...

I've gotten a lot done, but keep remembering more that I need to do!!

I'm thankful my guys are old enough to be assigned cleaning tasks. It may not be perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Our youngest's Christmas program was only about 45 minutes, thankfully, and the piano recital about the same. That's just about right -- any longer and I get fidgety.

Have a good rest of the week!

Sue said...

Yikes - I don't like ice. We got a storm yesterday - ALL rain here. Pretty sad. Not that I wanted ice, but some snow would be nice. :)

I just finished my menu today and my grocery list. I sent J out tonight - yay for me! I had to do X-mas eve and X-mas day. The joys.

pinkexplosion said...

Their school pictures are so sweet!

Can I tell you how jealous I am of your ice storm. . .sounds crazy but it is going to be 80 degrees in Texas on Christmas Day!